ASF is designated a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. That means contributions you make to ASF will be deductible on your income tax return.
You can also make a donation in the form of appreciated stock. Here are instructions on how to do it.
Here are PDF documents your accountant may ask for related to ASF’s 501(c)(3) status.
- Here’s the Internal Revenue Service determination letter (228 Kb)
- The approved application to the IRS (2.6 Mb)
The Arizona Sailing Foundation makes it easy to donate your boat to a worthy cause—and receive a tax deduction. We’re happy to have sail boats, power boats, trailers, or nearly anything that has value. As an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit, your donation is fully tax-deductible.
Here’s how it works:.
- Contact ASF donations.
- At your convenience, an approved representative will inspect the equipment and finalize the donation.
- We’ll arrange a hassle-free pick-up time.
- You’ll receive a receipt to document your donation for the IRS. ASF is not permitted to make valuations of property.
What will we do with the boat? Usually we sell it at a fair-market price and use the money to pay for the Arizona Sailing Foundation programs. All of the proceeds go directly into the programs. Since most of the heavy lifting is done by volunteers, we get great bang for the buck.
Want to know more about the IRS approach to donated boats? There have been a lot of changes in the tax code lately and while you will get some sort of deduction for your donation, it is best to contact your tax attorney or accountant for exact information.