The AYC Santana 20 fleet is the latest club fleet to hit “grow” mode. After reviving in 2012, the fleet is adding new members in 2013-2014 to raise the bar on competition.
Playfully called the “Tuna 20,” the boat is built by W.D. Schock Corporation of Corona, California. Please visit them on the web to learn more about the boat, to buy parts, or to find a dealer.
Comments from S20 Sailors
- “The boat that performs like a dinghy, but SAILS like a keelboat”
- “Santana 20′s are fairly inexpensive compared to other keelboats. Because it’s usually dry-docked, bottom maintenance and slip fees are minimal.”
- “For a boat of its size, it performs very well. It is one of the faster 20-foot keelboats and can outperform many 25-foot cruising boats.”
- “An S20 is a complex boat. It has almost the same controls as larger keelboats and is a great learning platform for younger sailors.”.
- “Santana 20′s are sailed in the open oceans of Southern California as well as inland lakes. This speaks to the flexibility and adaptability of this boat.”
LOA 20′ 2 1/2″
Draft wing Keel 32″
Displacement 1350 lbs.
Ballast (lead) 550 lbs.
Sail Area 204 sq. ft.
PHRF Rating: 222 (Your mileage may vary)