February AYC Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting Call to order 2/1/2011, 7:13pm, Emory Heisler’s Home
Attendees: Motil, Heisler, Harlow, Chapman, Pillote, Parker and Guests (see list at end)
1. Secretary (Heisler substitute)
- January minutes updated to reflect May 14, 2011 as Commodore’s Ball. Approved by Pillote motion, Harlow 2nd, unanimous.
2. Treasurer Report (Chapman)
- Awaiting final Birthday Regatta expenses for next report.
3. Membership (Pillote, Sahali)
- Bernie Armstrong nominated. Approved by Heisler motion, Motil 2nd, unanimous.
4. Cruising Captain (vacant – Parker substitute)
- Tall Cactus preparations – planning for 40 dinners
- Details to be posted to web in FebMarch
5. Fleet Captain (Harlow)
- Fall Series Trophies will be presented at March Membership meeting
- Birthday regatta 1st place trophies to be created – assigned to Heisler
- 3/27/2011 TTL to be cancelled for Dragon Boat Race – Heisler will post to web
6. Jr. Staff Commodore (Jackson)
- No items
7. Sr. Staff Commodore (Parker)
- No items
8. Rear Commodore (vacant – Motil substitute)
- GM Meeting topics discussion
- Commodores Ball set for Chart House – McCormick Ranch
9. Vice Commodore (Heisler)
- Compass Points near ready for February
10. Commodore (Motil)
- No additional items
- Next Meeting Locations:March 1, Lucille’s Tempe Marketplace, April 5, Jackson’s, May 3, Pete’s (Ballot Count), May 14, Chart House, June 7Heisler’s
- After adjournment an open discussion was held with guests about AYC current issues (i.e. open board seats, declining membership) and ideas for improvement (improved communications, non-racing activities). Participants: AYC BoD attendees, Guests: Tom Ohlin-Former Commodore, Dennis Lynde-Former Commodore, ASF: John Mayal, Greg Dean, Lisa Lake, Leo Baumann, Natalie Harper, George Tingom.
Meeting Adjourned 7:56pm
Submitted: March 1, 2011, Emory Heisler – Vice Commodore for Vacant Secretary position