December’s membership meeting brings the annual AYC gift exchange, a gift exchange with a twist. You might say twisted, even. Dinner begins at 6pm with the gift exchange starting at 7 pm, Tuesday, December 11, at the Caddy Shack @ Rolling Hills, 1415 North Mill Avenue, Tempe.
Here’s how the gift exchange works:
- You bring a wrapped gift valued at about $20.
- You pick a number from a hat to determine the order we select gifts.
- We’ll have two people called to the front of the room at the same time.
- Each person can choose to pick a wrapped gift from the pile or play pirate and take the gift from someone who’s already opened one.
- Gifts can be “pirated” only twice before they’re safe from further theft.
Some of the gifts can be pretty weird, but if you’re looking for a prized gift suggestion: Liquor always seems to bring applause!
We’ve set a menu that evening to make it easy for everyone:
BBQ Pork and Chicken
Mac & Cheese
Non-Alcoholic drink included
$13 for Adults and $7 for kids
Just so we have a good idea of the numbers, please RSVP to Commodore Rob Gibbs. You need not pay in advance…