Like to Play Host to an AYC Happy Hour?
By Heather McClain, Cruising Captain
AYC Volunteers needed—Easiest and most fun volunteer gig EVER!
AYC has been holding monthly Happy Hour gatherings (or “Dog Watch”) at various bars and restaurants around the Valley, either on Tuesday or Thursday from about 5:30p to, well, until people leave. The Dogs have been in different areas and different days to make it easy for members and nonmembers to find one they can attend nearby. The attendance varies from a handful to 20+.
So, how would you like to host one?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Select one of the available dates for the Happy Hour you’ll host (see below).
- Pick your favorite local bar/restaurant.
- Show up at the right place and the right time, and buy up to $100 of appetizers (not beverages/alcohol) for AYC members and potential AYC members who attend.
- Collect the contact info of the potential AYC members at happy hour (name, email, phone number).
- Submit by email the contact info to Heather McClain and the receipt for reimbursement to Treasurer Tony Chapman.
Interested? Here are the available dates:
Thurs 8/22/19, Thurs 10/24/19, Tues 1/28/20, Thurs 2/27/20, Tues 3/24/20, Thurs 4/23/20, Tues 5/26/20, Thurs 6/25/20.
You want to host a Happy Hour but don’t know when? Contact me! We’ll work it out.