CONGRATULATIONS TO 2019 BNAC CHAMPS
JOEL HURLEY AND TONY CHAPMAN
The 2019 Buccaneer 18 North American Championship will be fought at Lake Pleasant,
Arizona, October 22-26 and hosted by the Arizona Yacht Club!
Documents and Registration
- Register for the event!
- See who is Registered
- Sailing Instructions
- Course Chart
- Day 1 Scores
- Day 2 – CANCELLED
- Day 3 Scores
- Day 4 and FINAL SCORES
Our official SWAG store by Pirate’s Lair is STILL AVAILABLE ONLINE!
General Schedule (Subject to change – always check NOR & SI)
- Tuesday – Oct 22 – Onsite Measurement, Registration, Practice Races
- Wednesday – Oct 23 – Competitors meeting and First Race Day
- Thursday – Oct 24 – Full day of racing
- Friday – Oct 25 – Full day of Racing
- Saturday – Oct 26 – Early morning racing, Awards Ceremony, and Closing
- Tuesday – Oct 22 – Sandwich Station & Snacks; On your own for dinner (We have some suggestions!)
- Wednesday – Oct 23 –Continental Breakfast; Lunch Making Station/snacks; Welcome Dinner on Site- Taco Extravaganza
- Thursday – Oct 24 – Continental Breakfast – Lunch Sandwich Station/snacks with Dinner @ Azools AZool Grill – Heavy Appetizers Provided. Drinks and Dinner Available
- Friday – Oct 25 – Continental Breakfast – Lunch Sandwich Station/snacks – Dinner on Site – Catered Mexican food + Membership Meeting
- Saturday – Oct 26 – Continental Breakfast – Early morning racing, Awards Ceremony, and Closing
Your entry includes Skipper and (1) Crew for all of the above!
This year Arizona Yacht Club has joined with Sailors for the Sea’s Clean Regattas Program. Leading up to, during and following this year’s BNAC Regatta, organizers will be working to minimize the impact the event will have on our shores and our water. This will include reducing our reliance on plastic bottles and cups, recycling and composting.
We are off to a great start, but we need your help. As a sailor in this event, your actions will be important as we work to reduce our environmental impact. Your choices will make a difference. Here are a few ways you can help during the race:
- Properly sort all trash, recycling and compost into the bins we will provide so we can minimize the amount of waste headed to the landfill.
- Clean your boat using water only.
- Use the reusable water bottles included with your welcome packet.
- Refill your water bottles at our water bottle refill stations located at our event site.
We invite you to learn more about Sailors for the Sea by visiting their website www.sailorsforthesea.org
We have a block of RV Sites with power and water reserved on a First Come / First Served basis at Pleasant Harbor RV Resort. Contact them directly at (800) 475-3272. Their website is https://pleasantharbor.com/rv-resort/ but do not make your reservation online. Call and let them know you are with the Buccaneer Sailing Championship and they will assign you one of the spots in our “horseshoe.”
You can also rent an RV and have it delivered to the site from Sand Highway RV https://www.sandhighwayrv.com/ They are offering a discount for the event so be sure to tell them you are with the Buccaneer Sailing Championship. Call and reserve your RV spot FIRST!
Want to rough it? You can RV with no hookups, Tent Camp, or Car Camp as well.
If you do not have a reservation in an RV spot, there is a park entry fee / overnight camping fee of $8.00/day (Vehicle with Watercraft. Add $2 for a double stack.)
If camping isn’t your thing the Hampton Inn and Suites or the Homewood Suites by Hilton are also not too far away.