It’s the end of the year, so let’s get together for some holiday cheer! Join your AYC mates for food, fun, and gifts! And why not dust off and don your favorite holiday apparel? It will add to the festive atmosphere of this fun evening. In the photo from a few years ago, Tom Errickson poses with his new tie-dyed shirt made by Larry Green.
Commodore Marshall Williamson has invited Past Commodore Bruce Andress to serve as the MC for the gift selection and stealing. He’ll manage the chaos and make it fun for all. The exchange goes like this:
- Bring a wrapped gift valued at $20-25 to participate in the exchange (not required). Some gifts may be more of the White Elephant type, and many will be liquid.
- Each gift is exchanged for a number. Numbers will be drawn randomly.
- When your number is announced, you pick an unwrapped gift or steal one from someone else.
- Two steals are allowed per gift before it is out of the game.
Besides gifts and thievery, we’ll hear your Blunder Bucket nominations before casting votes for the lucky recipient of this semiannual award. If you can’t be in attendance but want to nominate someone, submit your nomination here.
Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
TIME: Social at 6:30 pm – Dinner at 7:00 – Exchange to follow
(There is another event booked until 6:00, so plan for 6:30 arrival)
LOCATION: Dave & Buster’s, Tempe Marketplace. (Near Lucille’s Smokehouse)
2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy Suite 1100, Tempe, AZ 85281
Another map to make it easy.
RSVPs ARE REQUIRED FOR ATTENDANCE. Click below to register and secure your spot by December 5 before registration closes!
Adult – $30.00 per person. Includes tax, tip, and a delicious meal!
Children 12 and under – $7 to $9 with choice of kids meal during registration.
As usual, the laughter, great company, and memories are complimentary!
Bonus: Dave and Buster’s will give each event guest a surprise gift – from free appetizers to $100 in Game Play. I’ve heard it might be like a scratch-off ticket.
The menu for this year is “The Holiday Classic” and includes:
- Brown Sugar Glazed Ham GF
- Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- Candied Pecan Harvest Salad V GF (Spring Mix, Craisins, candied pecans, sliced apples, feta cheese, balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts V (Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts, parmesan, balsamic glaze drizzle) V
- Cornbread Stuffing w/pecans & Gravy V
- Housemade cranberry sauce
- Dinner Rolls
- Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake on a graham cracker crust
- Unlimited coffee, soda, and tea
Beer, wine, and cocktails can be purchased from the event servers and billed on individual tabs. If you want to play games, purchase your Power Cards from the servers too. (We get the revenue credit)
Never experienced an AYC holiday party? Read Bob Naylor’s 2022 write-up for a sneak preview!