Let’s go cruising! AYC welcomes all sailors to enjoy the wind, water and waves as we cruise around the state, country and world.
Take a day sail on Lake Pleasant. Escape the AZ heat for a long weekend in San Diego or sailing to Catalina Island. And if you’re looking for more, join us on cruising adventures in the San Juan Islands, the Sea of Cortez, BVIs, the Med and beyond. There’s something for every sailor in the AYC Cruising Fleet.
Everyone is welcome!
- Experienced sailors. First timers. And all sailing skill levels in between.
- Cruisers, racers, captains, crew, passengers.
- Have a boat? Want a boat? Don’t want a boat? (i.e. sail Other People’s Boats-OPBs)
- Have you chartered a boat? Do you want to charter a boat.
- Want to sail to Catalina Island or the San Juan Islands in Washington? Are you dreaming of a cruising trip in the Bahamas, the BVI’s, Greece, Croatia, Tahiti? The list is never ending!
Check out the AYC Calendar for our next cruising event. We hold two annual “cruising races” at Lake Pleasant (the Tall Cactus Regatta in the March/April and the Governor’s Cup typically held between Thanksgiving and Christmas). In addition you’ll find plans for cruising escapes to California and more.
Also, keep a weather eye out for seamanship clinics at Lake Pleasant, docking, anchoring and sail trimming, etc., to help you build the competence and confidence you need to cruise safely and successfully on your own.
Have questions about cruising the BVI, San Juans, Greece, Tahiti, etc.? Our AYC cruisers have been there and done that. AYC cruising sailors know the ropes and will help you connect with other cruisers whether you need crew to share a charter or want to be crew to start building your own skills.