Sailing Perspectives: Triple Header!
Meeting – when & where:
Tuesday, October 11, at 7PM
The Grill at Rolling Hills Golf Course
1415 N Mill Ave, Tempe, AZ
Arrive as early as 6PM for dinner and beverages, then mix and mingle until 7 PM, when we’ll start the meeting. Bring a friend, and Guests are always welcome!
(Photo: a colorful boat at anchor in the Greek islands taken by Tony Chapman)
Your AYC membership card can take you a lot of places and far from home. Three members share their memorable sailing adventures and personal perspectives:
- Tony Chapman: Cruising the Greek Islands and a remarkable sail in the Ted Hood Regatta off Marblehead, MA, this past summer
- David Newland: Sailing to Dry Tortugas, Coastal California Racing, and the importance of sailing to David and his family
- Joe Motil: on completing his three (3) AYC cruises to Catalina Island this summer
What about you? What did YOU do this summer? We’ll wrap-up the evening with YOUR member photos. Here’s how it works:
- if you’re planning to attend the meeting – and we sure hope you do – send your ONE FAVORITE photo from last summer’s sailing to email@example.com (see the release below). Include your name and a brief description of your sailing adventure.
- after Joe’s presentation, we’ll show YOUR photos and ask you to take a minute to tell us about your summer sailing
The weather is getting cooler, so come out and join us at the meeting. It’s going to be a fun and informative evening, and we look forward to seeing our many valued members and guests there!
About Our Guest Speakers:
Tony Chapman has been an AYC member for nearly 20-years, and has served as AYC Treasurer for the last 18-years. He actively races his Buccaneer and Viper in AYC events.
David Newland has been an AYC member for 5-years, and serves as AYC’s Lake Captain. He races his Laser at Tempe Town Lake, crews aboard the Ferrings’ J/70 at Lake Pleasant, and recently purchased and races a fast J/92.
Joe Motil has been an AYC member since 2006, and previously served as Commodore. Joe became an AYC legend after sailing his tiny MegaByte sailboat to Catalina Island … back in the day. He currently serves as AYC’s Cruising Captain.
Photo release: by submitting photos, you grant AYC the right to use, reproduce, and distribute the photos. While we attempt to give credit for photos, by submitting them you agree to give AYC license to use photos even if unaccredited.
- November: US Sailing President, Rich Jepsen
- December: Holiday Party
- January: Dawn Riley, 2022 inductee to the America’s Cup Hall of Fame
- April: AYC’s Mike Maloney