By Deb Heisler, Rear Commodore
On Tuesday, December 10, we will once again celebrate the year’s end with our AYC Annual Pirate Gift Exchange.
Besides gifts and thievery, the Governor’s Cup Trophy will be presented and we’ll hear your Blunder Bucket nominations prior to casting votes for the lucky recipient of this semiannual award.
Your RSVP and per-person fee includes hosting our meeting at Dave & Buster’s along with a banquet of delicious food. AYC is subsidizing the dinner to bring the cost down to $20 for adults. You must pay for dinner to attend.
As usual, the laughter and great company are complimentary!
RSVP here by Wed, December 4th
Price: Adult – $20 per person, including tax and tip (regular buffet price is $27.99)
Children – $13, which includes a $15 Powercard for game play
Non-Members – $27.99 per person: includes tax and tip
Time: Dinner 6pm – Program begins at 7pm
Location: Dave & Buster’s, Tempe Marketplace (map). It’s near Lucille’s Smokehouse.
Heartland Banquet Menu:
- Assorted smoked meats: pulled pork, chicken, chopped brisket & sliced Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage
- Roasted Cotija Corn Bake
- Roasted Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- BBQ Baked Beans
- Baked Mac & Cheese
- Hawaiian Rolls
- An array of regional BBQ Sauces from across the USA
- Unlimited coffee, soda and tea
- Bring a wrapped gift valued at around $20
- Pick a number when offered (only if you’ve brought a gift of course)
- When your number is announced you have two options:
- Pick an unwrapped gift or
- Pirate a gift that someone else has already opened
- After initial opening, a gift can only be pillaged two times
“A good sailor knows everything is always changing.” – Luanne Rice