Register NOW for the AYC Holiday Party and Pirate Gift Exchange
Meeting – when & where:
6PM, Tuesday, Dec-13
The Grill at Rolling Hills Golf Course
1415 N Mill Ave, Tempe, AZ
December’s monthly meeting brings our annual holiday gift exchange and party. Arrive around 6PM, mingle and jingle, then enjoy dinner which will begin shortly after. Our menu this year features:
- your choice of lasagna dishes:
- beef and chicken
- beef, chicken and chorizo … this may have a little zing to it … recommended for those with PHRF ratings less than 120 …
- Caesar salad, garlic bread, and an ice cream sandwich for dessert
- One serving of the your choice of beverages – beer, wine, or soda
Hit the yellow button above to register – make sure you do it before Dec-7! Dinner is $20 … and just $10 for kids 12 to 18, and free for 11 and younger. All taxes and tips are included.
Then, after dinner, we’ll start the “white elephant” pirate gift exchange. Each adult dinner guest is asked to bring one gift having a value of about $20. Pro tip: liquor never fails to delight this simple crowd; but, YOU decide, and have fun with it! Former Commodore and Merit 25 skipper Bruce Andress will be our “master of ceremonies” for the gift exchange – think Don Rickles meets Elf. Bruce is a sure bet to keep everyone laughing and engaged.
As for the pirate gift exchange, it works something like this – tickets are drawn, numbers are called, and one-by-one gifts are picked from the pile by participants. BUT, the person with the next ticket can STEAL any of the earlier gifts, setting off a chain reaction of stealing and gifting! Because that’s what pirates do – they steal stuff! It’s not pretty … but it IS fun.
Join your AYC friends and shipmates for our last bash of 2021. Enjoy a nice dinner, and have fun and some great laughs with the gift exchange. See you there!
Important Information: The Grill at Rolling Hills Golf Course
The City of Tempe is permitting AYC to use The Grill for our monthly meetings. Our usage is after their normal operating hours, which means that we’ll have the facility to ourselves, and that Tempe will incur added labor costs for providing after-hours kitchen and wait staff. As part of our arrangement, they ask that we generously support their staff with food and beverage orders to defray labor costs.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- MASKS REQUIRED: The City of Tempe has implemented a mask requirement effective July 30 for all patrons and employees at indoor city-run facilities. Masks may be lowered when eating and drinking; but, should be properly worn at all other times. For more information, go here: City of Tempe – masks.