Sep-12: Tempe Town Lake
Fall Series action for AYC starts at Tempe Town Lake on Sunday, Sep-12. First warning will sound at 3PM with the Sunfish Fleet on Race Committee. After an afternoon of racing, stow your boat, then meet at Fate Brewing (about a mile north of TTL at 1312 N Scottsdale Rd) – AYC is buying food! And what a great place to rehydrate!
Sep-18: Lake Pleasant – Big Lake, Big Party!
Fall Series for Lake Pleasant starts on Saturday, Sep-18, and it’s going to be a BIG BASH! Festivities ashore will happen at Pleasant Harbor ramadas 4-6. Here’s the schedule:
- 8:00: Big Joe and Bonnie Motil will again rise before dawn to throw-down a great breakfast of sizzling Sunrise Breakfast Quesadillas hot off the griddle. We’ll have plenty of coffee, juice, and fruit, too.
- 10:30: AYC’s ceremonial cannon will signal the official start of our Lake Pleasant Fall Series.
- 12:30: First Warning! Sport Boat Fleet is on Race Committee. Skippers and crew – fly those AYC burgees, and wear your sailing bling!
- 12:35: Start of first race!
- 5:00: Relax, rehydrate, and unwind after a day of racing. Martin Lorch and Marshall Williamson are trading tillers for spatulas and serving up a dinner to remember. We’ll have tons of food and (non-alcoholic) beverages; but, BYOB (drink responsibly)! Pro tip: bring your own folding chair / lawn chair … just in case. Groove to the nautical sounds of the band Hyer Tide.
- 6:00: Raffle prizes – win big, go home happy! We have a lot of cool stuff to give away.
This party is for ALL AYC members … not just those racing at Lake Pleasant. TTL sailors, other AYC members, crews, and friends of AYC – join the fun! There is no charge – it’s free.
Honored Guests: In keeping with a long-standing tradition among yacht clubs, and perhaps a “first” for AYC, we are honored to have Rodney Coomber, Junior Staff Commodore, Navy Yacht Club, Long Beach, CA, and Joyce Coomber, Director, Southern California Yachting Association (AYC is a member) join our Opening Day ceremonies and celebration!
Volunteers Needed: We would appreciate a few additional volunteers to help with arrangements. If you can help, please volunteer here: Opening Day.