Chuck Skewes (Ullman Sails): Sail faster!
Meeting – when & where:
Tuesday, September 13, at 7PM
The Grill at Rolling Hills Golf Course
1415 N Mill Ave, Tempe, AZ
Arrive as early as 6PM for dinner and beverages, then mix and mingle until 7 PM, when we’ll start the meeting. Guests are always welcome!
(Photo: boats competing in the Ullman Sails Long Beach Race Week)
Ullman Sails has a rich and diverse legacy in custom sail design and sail manufacturing dating back over 50 years. Ullman Sails is an international company, located in 25 countries with 75 locations worldwide that benefit from the collaboration of skilled sail designers, experienced sailmakers and decorated sailors.
Join us at our monthly membership meeting to hear from one of those sailors, Chuck Skewes. Chuck owns three (3) Ullman Sail Lofts and will talk about how to make your boat go faster by understanding proper sail trim techniques. Whether you are new to sailing or an old pro, you will no doubt pick up tips to help you on the water!
Guest Speaker: Chuck Skewes
Chuck says that he sails more miles in a year than he drives, and it’s easy to how! Street cred? Gobs! Here’s a little background on Chuck and his distinguished sailing career:
- 4-times North American Champion
- 2015 Transpac Champion
- 2008 Etchells Worlds Grand Master Champion
- Multiple National Champion
- District Champion: Lasers, Thistles, International 14’s, J-24, SJ-24, Olson 30’s, Santa Cruz 27’s, Beneteau 40.7s & Sleds
- Sailed 20+ Cabo Races, Transpacs, Pacific Cups, Etchells Worlds, Rolex Big Boat Series, SD to PV, Baja HaHa, MEXORC, Cruised to Panama, Hawaii, & many more
- Sailmaking since 1986 – owner of 3 Ullman Sails lofts
- October (tentative): Sail GP will hopefully send two of their sailors to talk about the Sail GP program and the incredible world of foiling sailboats.
- November: US Sailing President, Rich Jepsen
- December: Holiday Party
- January: Dawn Riley, 2022 inductee to the America’s Cup Hall of Fame