ASF is designated as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. That means contributions you make to ASF can be deductible on your income tax return. Consult your tax advisor for your specific situation.
Here are PDF documents your accountant may ask for related to ASF’s 501(c)(3) status.
- Internal Revenue Service determination letter (228 Kb)
- ASF’s approved application to the IRS (2.6 Mb)
Your donations are utilized 100% in programs and directly benefit ASF’s mission including Student Tuition and Expense scholarships, US Sailing Instructor Certification course expense grants and associated instructor pre-requisite course grants (i.e. CPR/First Aid).
DONATE STOCK: You can also donate in the form of appreciated stock. Here are instructions on how to do it.
DONATE A BOAT!
The Arizona Sailing Foundation makes it easy to donate your boat to a worthy cause—and potentially receive a tax deduction. We’re happy to receive sail boats, power boats, trailers, or nearly anything that has value. As an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so your donation can be fully tax-deductible (see your tax advisor for your personal tax situation).
Here’s how it works:.
- Contact Decker Williams at ASF Boat Donations.
- At your convenience, an approved ASF representative will inspect the equipment and finalize the donation.
- We’ll arrange a hassle-free pick-up time.
- You’ll receive a receipt to document your donation for the IRS. ASF is not permitted to make valuations of property.
What will we do with the boat? Boats are either used in our programs or sold at a fair-market price. All the proceeds from sold boats directly support ASF programs. Since all of the ASF heavy lifting is done by volunteers, you create great bang for your buck.
Want to know more about the IRS approach to donated boats? There have been a lot of changes in the tax code lately and while you will get some sort of deduction for your donation, it is best to contact your tax attorney or accountant for your situation.